Front Desk Receptionist/Admin Assistant
International Naval Architect and Marine Engineering firm located in downtown Seattle is seeking a Front Desk Receptionist/Administrative Assistant. Our company is looking for a customer driven individual that will be the first line of contact with employees and visitors at our office. The receptionist will bring a positive and engaging personality to our team, and will have excellent verbal and written communication skills. We need a master of front and back office tasks, so if you’re a self-starter who is organized, takes initiative and will tackle any project that comes your way, read on!
- Answer phones and routing calls to the appropriate personnel.
- Greets and directs all visitors, including vendors, clients, job candidates and customers. Advises appropriate department/person of visitor's presence. Issues parking validation.
- Provides front desk security, including identifying and appropriately checking in all visitors. Able to act as company gate keeper and be firm, but diplomatic, at all times.
- Ability to work with Office 365 including, but not limited, to MS Outlook, Word and Excel. Maintains office calendar(s).
- Maintains lobby area, conference room(s), kitchens and open spaces.
- Use discretion on when and how much when ordering office supplies and coffee; including lunch and/or breakfast during conferences/meetings.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail. Posts outgoing USPS/Fed Ex/UPS mail and packages.
- Multi-tasker who, on occasion, can handle: special administrative projects; overflow work, including word processing; data entry and presentation support; basic bookkeeping; filing & clerical duties; travel arrangements; and other general administrative functions.
- Reports facility issues to Facilities Manager, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff, vendors, consultants, and building personnel.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task and handle frequent interruptions.
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to handle day-to-day duties with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work in an international technical environment. Specific marine experience is a plus, but not mandatory.
Education and Experience
- 2+ years’ experience as a Receptionist or Administrative Assistant.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
- Basic knowledge of booking travel arrangements.
Supervisory Responsibilities:This position has no supervisory responsibilities. However, opportunities for promotion and expanded responsibilities are there for the right person.
Please send all resumes to email@example.com