GPA 328E/335E Tug
Enhanced Diesel-Electric Tug
The GPA 335E, measuring 35 meters in overall length, is an ASD tug equipped with an enhanced diesel-electric propulsion system.
The enhanced diesel-electric propulsion concept utilizes currently available technology and yet retains the ability to incorporate evolving technology as it becomes commercially available. Some of the key factors that GPA believes to be important with any Green Vessel design are:
- Significant reduction of fuel consumption, as well as NOx, SOx and CO emissions
- Prevention of black smoke due to rapidly changing power demand)
- Independent of operational profile
- Seamless operations (does not require mode selection by the Captain)
- Diesel engine operations in the most efficient load range (50 – 90%)
- Reduced lifecycle cost
- Use of currently available technology
- Flexible and expandable (possible incorporation of future technology, as well as solar, or wind power).
- Improvement of workplace health and comfort/noise conditions.
The tug has a design draft of 4.00 meters and a navigational draft of 5.50 meters, can reach a service speed of approximately 12 knots and has a 75mt bollard pull (fwd and aft).
The GPA 328E, an additional version, measures 30 meters in overall length.
The enhanced diesel-electric concept can be applied to offshore vessels, tugs, ferries, or any other vessel that spends a significant amount of its operational time at low power, even though the specific operational profiles are vastly different.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE REQUIRED INFORMATION BELOW AND GPA WILL SEND YOU VESSEL SPECS/REQUESTED INFORMATION